International cup designer competition - winners are announced
The search is over - the 6 winners of the international BoConcept Design competition have been chosen. The design competition which ran in November and December resulted in 15.144 design ideas from design lovers in 57 different countries.
The jury explains: ‘We have found 6 winners which are quite different in their design and yet the cups still form a nice unity when placed next to each other. We saw many really creative designs, but these 6 were voted as favourites by the jury. We believe we have found a combination of cups which represents humour, elegance, innovation and new trends.‘
A moustache, a new garden, a film, flamingos at a zoo - the winners of the 2012 BoConcept cup competition found inspiration in various areas for their designs. Read more about each winner and their design idea below.
The 6 great new cups of the BoConcept 'Collectors item' collection will be set into production and become a part of the new BoConcept 2013 collection - available in stores from 1st September 2013.
Each of the winners will receive an elegant Ogi chair in their own choice of colour as well as of course a set of the cups. Each of the cups has the designer's name and country on the bottom.
- Cup name: Flamingo
- Designer: Helga van Aken, Belgium
- Inspiration for the design: The first thing you see when you visit the Zoo of Antwerp are the flamingos. With their beautiful pink-colors they are very attractive to me. And so, everytime I visit the zoo, I draw them. In color, in black and white, drawing them makes me very happy! And so I came to this.
- Cup name: Yucca
- Designer: Esthir Antzel, Greece
- Inspiration for the design: Yucca is my favourite plant. I recently remodeled my garden. It is filled with yuccas. It's a great inspiration for me.
- Cup name: Gourmet
- Designer: Níobe Alonso Benito, Spain
- Inspiration for the design: I love drinking coffee or tea. This cup can help you find your inner gourmet. So every time you have your favorite drink inside this cup you just have to follow the steps to be a real Gourmet.
- Cup name: Make me coffee
- Designer: Maksim Osipov, Russia
- Inspiration for the design: This design is inspired by the novel "The House, In Which..." (Mariam Petrosyan). In this book written:"I'll never learn how to make coffee". I don't know how to make coffee too. But someday I'll make the best coffee in the cup like this one.
- Cup name: Fractal blue line
- Designer: Ewa Łuźniak, Poland
- Inspiration for the design: The inspiration for me while designing the cup was the fractal structure due to its sophisticated form. Multipling the line and putting together the received figures shows the inner beauty of symmetry. To emphasize the subtlety of the structure I have decided to use the soft colors, passing from light blue to green.
- Cup name: Smoke
- Designer: Galina Matveeva, Russia
- Inspiration for the design: Creation of design was inspired by the film "Coffee and Cigarettes" Jim Jarmusch. I hope that people will enjoy my cup design